Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Horse Show Madness

So this past weekend, I had my very first horse show (well, first one since 2006, and that one didn't really count because I was an awful rider back then). I did combined training - intro B and crossrails division, and I also did intro C!

I got 5th out of 10 people for combined training and 4th out of 5 people for intro C. There were definitely things I know I could've done better, but I was proud of myself!

It was a super fun day watching all the riders and hanging out with everyone from my barn. My dad even came to watch :) My mom couldn't though, because she was running a 10k.

Anyway, I bought new tall boots for the show, and didn't wear them until the day of, so my legs and feet were KILLING ME. Lesson learned - if you're going to wear a pair of boots for 7 hours, break them in first! I still have blisters and scabs...

Here are some pictures :)

Tacking Secret up before her big day!

Crossrails! Haha, I can definitely jump higher, but I didn't want to overachieve for my first show. We'll get to the 2 ft division soon enough ;)

Cantering the 20m circle in dressage! Going to the left was so pretty but the first circle to the right is what messed us up - she picked up the canter too late and was on the wrong lead. Silly Secret!

Last minute lessons by the greatest instructor ever!

Watching other people warm up.
Entering the dressage ring for intro B! First class of the day! (these pictures aren't in order)

No comments:

Post a Comment