Thursday, March 7, 2013

A Little Introduction

Hello! I'm Alex, and I've wanted to start a blog for awhile now. Thanks to the recent snow storm for cancelling classes, I've dedicated my day to finally getting around to it. I live in the Richmond, VA area and go to school as a high school senior/college freshman (I haven't graduated yet but I'm taking classes at the local community college to get ahead). I want to eventually work in the psychiatry field, so I've got a ways to go.

I have always loved preppy style - Lilly Pulitzer, Ralph Lauren, Vineyard Vines, and the like. However, it's not so fun spending all of my paycheck on a single item. So to get the style I want without breaking the bank, I shop at thrift stores, consignment stores, and sale racks. However, sometimes I do splurge and I think that's completely fine as long as I don't get too carried away ;)

I have a boyfriend named Joe that lives in Michigan. The distance is so hard but when I do get to see him we have the most amazing time - and he shares my love for fashion so I always get to play dress-up with him and find cute deals for him as well. I have a Westie named Cooper and he's the most adorable dog I think I've ever seen. I also ride horses about 3 times a week and work as a nanny after school and on weekends!

Here are a few pictures that sum up my life and what my blog posts will mostly consist of!


Joe and me before dinner at The Tobacco Company
He's such a cutie :)


An outfit of mine - J Crew gingham from J Crew Factory, Barbour jacket (gift from Joe), Lucky Brand jeans from Marshalls, Kate Spade watch, and Clarks Desert Boots (gifts from Mom)

One of my senior pictures - what a gorgeous boy, right!?

This is the horse I lease, Secret. If you see me post any horse pictures, it's probably her. She's an Arabian/Thoroughbred and she's such a sweet girl, although sometimes she can have a bit of an attitude. Riding is my therapy.

And just a quick selfie to show everyone what I look like ;)
My dog, Cooper!


I'm so excited to start blogging! I hope this gets easier as I go along...

No comments:

Post a Comment